I have recently graduated from Edinburgh College of Art with a First Class BA(hons) degree in Performance Costume.Since then I have worked as a Costume Trainee on the Netflix Production of ‘Outlaw King’ based in Glasgow. I have a good variety of skills in both costume design and construction, ranging from pattern drafting and cutting for both contemporary and historical costume, to sourcing costumes, CAD and textile design. I am interested to learn everything there is to know about costume and fully commit myself to any project that I work on.
August-November 2017: Costume Trainee on Loudoun Productions Ltd: ‘Outlaw King’
- Worked in the principal workroom constructing tunics, hose, surcoats and hand finishing garments.
- Helped set up the crowd workroom making in mass; hats,
cloaks, partlets, surcoats and hoods.
- Cut out pattern pieces.
- Worked for a few days in the Leather Department.
- Altered garments after the fittings and made stock, often at short notice the day before shooting.
- Dressed on set, including cutting and fitting chainmail.
- Used both machine sewing and hand-stitching techniques to a high standard.
- Repaired hire garments after filming wrapped.
July 2016: Assistant Costume Designer for the Edinburgh Royal Lyceum Theatre’s ‘Summer on Stage’: Macbeth and King Matt
- Sourced and made various garments.
- Oversaw tech week as Designer was unavailable, dealt with styling issues and any last minute problems.
- Spent time in rehearsals with Costume Designer Hannah Wolfe.
July 2016: Costume Designer for the Lyceum Theatre’s ‘Summer on Stage’: Kings and Queens
- Designed and sourced 31 costumes for a group of 7-11 year olds on a very small budget, finding innovative ways to portray each character.
- Helped visualise the final concept of the devised performance.
July 2016: Costume Designer and Maker for Some Kind of Theatre’s production of ‘The Tempest’ (Unpaid)
- Designed costumes for 11 characters for this steampunk inspired Fringe production.
- Sourced and altered contemporary clothing to have a more historical Victorian aesthetic.
2015: Costume Designer and Maker for the Lichtenstein dance project at the Modern Art Gallery (Unpaid)
- Researched into dance costumes and the best fabrics/techniques to use.
- Designed elaborate digital print on photoshop, transferred using sublimation
print onto Lycra and made costume.
2015: Costume Designer and Maker for Scottish Women’s Rugby (Unpaid)
- Used dye and breakdown techniques to age costume.
- Made the garment and styled on set using thistles, belts and leather ties.
2015: Costume Standby for Edinburgh Napier MA film ‘Cows are not on the menu’ (Unpaid)
- Sourced contemporary costumes.
- Dressed actors on set, checked continuity, reset between takes and kept wardrobe organised.
2015: Costume Supervisor for Edinburgh College of Art MA film A ‘Foreign God’ (Unpaid)
- Kept an organised costume notes and up to date budget.
- Sourced costumes and completed breakdown of many of the garments.
- Organised the wardrobe throughout the shoot.
2015: Costume Designer and Maker for Student Film ‘Specks of Dust’ (Unpaid)
- Designed and sourced costumes.
- Dressed and styled on set.
2014: Costume Designer and Maker for Bracket Productions Performance of ‘The Importance of Being Ernst’ (Unpaid)
- Designed Victorian costumes for theatre performance.
- Sourced and altered garments from charity shops and local theatres.
- Dressed actors back stage, did final checks before performances.
2014: Costume Designer and Maker for Outer Limit Productions ‘Brain Food’ (Unpaid)
- Designed, sourced and broke-down Zombie costumes for a short film.
- Used dyeing and hand embroidery techniques.
- Dressed and did final checks on actors before the shoot.
Other Work and Information: Waitressing/Front of House at Salt and Malt near Bristol. I have held a clean drivers license for the last 5 years and am comfortable driving both a car and larger vehicle.
University of Edinburgh: BA(hons) Performance Costume, 2014-2017 (First Class)
Weston College: Ual Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (Distinction), 2013-2014
Chew Valley Secondary School: A Levels (A,B,B) and GCSEs (A*-B)